× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Creating Sub Tables

8 jaren 3 maanden geleden #1349 door waqas
Creating Sub Tables werd gestart door waqas
is it possible to create sub tables. and can we create an application like small school management system using component creator

Gelieve Inloggen of een account aanmaken om deel te nemen aan het gesprek.

8 jaren 1 maand geleden #1389 door Andy
Beantwoord door Andy in topic Creating Sub Tables
Did anyone figure out the answer to this?

Not sure of the use-case of the OP, but what we want to do is kind of like an address book system.

So we have contacts, and each contact can have one or more addresses, which are children of only that contact. These would be in another table with a value that links rows to the parent. When you view a contact it lists it's addresses. When you edit a contact, it lets you add, edit and delete it's addresses.

This is kind of sub tables / sub forms / sub views.

Is this possible to do with Component Creator?

8 jaren 1 maand geleden #1391 door Super User
Beantwoord door Super User in topic Creating Sub Tables
Yes it is possible to link to tables with a "foreign key" field.

In fact in this example video I am setting up a school system with a foreign key field.

De volgende gebruiker (s) zei dank u: Andy

8 jaren 1 maand geleden #1393 door Andy
Beantwoord door Andy in topic Creating Sub Tables
Thanks, that's a great video demo.

This will probably get me most of the way there I think. I'll just need to add some logic to allow add / edit / delete the key associated data from it's parent.

Tijd voor maken pagina: 0.111 seconden
Gemaakt door Kunena

We use cookies so that you can place orders and we can provide a better service. You can control the use of cookies at the individual browser level. If you reject cookies, you may still use our website, but your ability to use some features or areas of our website may be limited.